NOTE: This video chat was originally scheduled for
Friday, September 3rd, 2021.
Please join us on Friday, November 5th, 2021 for CISO Series Video Chat: “Hacking Asset Management: An hour of critical thinking about figuring out what you have at all times.”
REGISTER for the 11-5-21 video chat
Joining me for this discussion will be:
- Nathan Burke (@nathanwburke), CMO, Axonius
- Patrick Benoit (@patrickbenoit), vp, global cyber GRC/BISO, CBRE
In preparation for our discussion, think about the following:
- We all know that knowing physical and digital assets are the first things you should do when building a security program, yet it’s often skipped. Why? What is preventing you from knowing your assets?
- Where do we often miss when looking for assets? What don’t we consider?
- Once the asset is discovered, how do we not lose it, track its versions, and follow its current state of security?
- What can’t automatic scanning discover?
- What are we doing to make asset management unnecessarily difficult?
It all starts at 10 AM Pacific/1 PM Eastern. At the end of the hour [11 AM Pacific/2 PM Eastern] we’ll switch gears into a series of impromptu 1-on-1 five-minute meetings where everyone will be randomly paired. Nothing to prepare, we’ll do the matching.
Got feedback? Join the conversation on LinkedIn.
HUGE thanks to our sponsor Axonius
- Best bad ideas get first responses in “Department of YES” or “Beat the Bad Idea”.
- The BEST bad idea wins an award and a really awesome CISO Series jacket. Also, if you register early by the Tuesday (5pm PT) of that week’s video chat, you will be entered into a raffle where one lucky register will win a jacket (repeat winners get a $25 Amazon gift card).
The CISO Series Video Chats are open discussion where all viewers and listeners are welcome to become participants. Before the scheduled event, connect your webcam and microphone (avoid Bluetooth) and test your equipment here. During the discussion, if you have a question or comment, let it be known in the chat room and our producer will do his best to get as many of you into the conversation. We look forward to you joining us.